This is an EASY-peasy one, and also allows you a guilt-free excuse to go to/shop at Target! (Yes!)
GO to the space/place/drawer/cabinet in your home where you keep things like: Antibiotic ointments, band-aids, anti-itch creams, summer bug spray, as well as products like cough syrup, cold and flu medicine, Tylenol, and the like.
TIP: Get this stuff the heck out of your medicine cabinet, if it's in there, taking up precious real-estate, and move it! It is life-changing, believe me...To steal a great tip from Marie Kondo, even a clean shoe box or two works great for this type of storage, or if you feel like it, get some nice small plastic bins or pretty baskets on your next Target jaunt. Being able to see everything, easily and sort of all at once, and making it accessible when you are injured and/or sick, is the key, here...
- Sort items into two piles: First aid stuff first, and then, the other one is anything vaguely "medicine" related.
- Go through it!
- Check outage expiration dates. Toss, toss, toss. Especially the expired, old ointments. (You want those to really work!)
- Start making a list of what you need to replace.
- Put back what you are keeping, right back in place in its new home.
Now: Here is a List to Take to Target, or order online, below:
HOME FIRST-AID LIST:
- Antibiotic Ointment
- Anti-Itch Cream
- Cold Packs/Hot Packs
- Cough Syrup
- Cough Drops
- TUMS (why not? ;)
- Tylenol or Advil
- Cold medicine (Boiron's Oscillococcinum is amazing if you're feel flu-ish, and is 100% homeopathic. It actually works, too!)
- Allergy medicine (if you are prone, but it never hurts to have on-hand, especially you have a pet, and someone visiting is allergic to Fluffy or Fido!)
- You can also get crazy with gauze, if you like, but getting to the Urgent Care is probably a better bet if you or someone at your home gets accidentally sliced. But why not have a roll on hand, if it makes you feel better?
- Fabric wrap for tendon injury (Again, seek professional help, but...? Maybe for little runner's or work-out injury, nice to have around, just in case.)
- Aloe Vera Gel (Lifesaver in the summer months, no matter HOW careful you think you are in the sun.)
- Pepto Bismol, or something similar. (Because we ALL have those nights)
- Anything else you'd like to add!
That is it, and you are DONE! (And I rarely say this, but-Happy Shopping!) xo